A PARTY WITH A PURPOSE
It’s almost time and we are so ready. Ready to gather & see friends, ready to enjoy an evening of amazing food, wine and entertainment and most importantly ready to raise our paddles in the spirit of giving back. But this isn’t just any party. It’s a party with a PURPOSE.
As we gather with friends at PURPOSE, we also gather as a community to inspire and create lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, mentorship, and education in the greater Paso Wine Region.
Let us tell you a little bit about the lifestyle auction lots featured at PURPOSE. For the complete Auction Catalog, please click HERE.
LOT 1: GRAND COMMANDEUR
Let’s kick off this party with a PURPOSE and saber a magnum of bubbles for your friends at your table.
LOT 2: UPSCALE + STREET CRED – PASO’S CULINARY GETAWAY
Welcome to Windfall Farms, a spectacular 724-acre Kentucky-inspired horse farm in east Paso Robles, one of the finest equestrian centers in the western United States. Four lucky couples will spend two nights at the owner’s private residence, which features four master suites, game room, gourmet kitchen, Jacuzzi, and fire pit. Overlooking lush pastures, it’s the ideal setting for an interactive multi-course food experience with sought-after Chef Rachel Ponce and her husband Eric, Firestone Walker’s Barrel Master. West side Paso Robles isn’t far and there you will have a private wine and food immersion dinner at Law Estate Wines featuring Chef Jeff Scott. From the countryside to the urban wine experience, the trendy Tin City awaits for a day of behind-the-scenes tours, tasting experiences, including lunch at celebrated McPhee’s Canteen.
- Inclusion for eight (8)
- Two-night stay Windfall Farms
- 4 full furnished suites
- Gourmet kitchen, Jacuzzi, pool table, game room, fire pit
- Interactive food and beer pairing dinner with Chef Rachel Ponce and Firestone Walker Barrel Master, Eric Ponce at Windfall Farms
- Private food and wine pairing dinner at Law Estate Wines, featuring Chef Jeff Scott
- Tin City Guided Tour with Winemaker Drew Nenow:
- ONX Behind the Scenes Tour + Blending Seminar Game
- Lunch at McPhee’s Canteen
- Private tasting of library wines at Levo
- Private tasting at Union Sacre
- Private tasting of current and vintage releases in Benom Member Room
LOT 3: VAIL’S OUTDOOR ADVENTURE + KEPLINGER WINES EXPERIENCE
Whether you are looking for relaxation, an adrenaline rush, or to experience a multitude of cultural events; there is something for everyone in Vail next summer. Three couples will board a private charter plane to appreciate a respite in this outdoor paradise, a dream for any cycling and angling enthusiast. Your weekend at this luxurious home is hosted by Helen Keplinger, Food & Wine Magazine’s 2012 Winemaker of the Year, and her husband DJ Warner of Keplinger Wines. (Note: 99-points for 2015 Keplinger Hangman’s Carneros blend). The wine producers will put on a mountain-inspired farm-to-table dinner with masterful food and wine pairings. Lift a glass to toast the day’s fresh catch from the guided fly-fishing excursion. If a birdie or eagle is what you are after, you will enjoy the round of golf at The Club at Cordillera-Vail Valley, where each course was designed by some of the greatest names in the world of golf – Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin. This lot includes three magnums from the award-winning Keplinger Wine portfolio.
- Inclusion for six (6) people
- Private charter flight from California to Vail on a Cessna Citation XLS: N876UC
- Two-day, three-night weekend at a six suite house in Vail
- Local Colorado-style farm-to-table paired wine dinner with Helen Keplinger and DJ Warner. Library and current releases paired with local fare and curated to your palate and favorite flavors
- Three (3) magnums of your choice from Keplinger’s portfolio of highly acclaimed single-vineyard wines
- Guided fly fishing tour with Bill Perry of Colorado Angling Company
- 18-hole Round of Golf at The Club at Cordillera-Vail Valley
LOT 4: NEXT GEN + THEIR MUSE
At one point in a winemaker’s career someone paved the way before them, lent a hand (or a cellar) and inspired them to be where they are today. You can only imagine which wines and winemakers inspired our up-and-coming rising star winemakers. In this 38-bottle lot you will not only get a bottle of each rising star’s favorite wines from their personal labels but also a bottle that inspired that wine and their winemaking, along with the story behind each. Look closely, and you will find a 1997 Mourvèdre from James Berry Vineyard (along with handwritten notes by Pebble Smith), and yes, that is before there was a Saxum. This one-of-a-kind lot embraces decades of California winemaking and sets the stage for future 100-point wines.
To view a complete listing of wines included AND the stories that go along with them, click HERE.
LOT 5: MY FAVORITE NEIGHBOR
Partake in a wildly decadent, wine-soaked weekend for six right here in Paso Robles. You’ll indulge with some of Paso’s heavy-hitter winemakers, Justin Smith, Stephan Asseo and Eric Jensen. The three-night adventure will include rare cave tours and intimate dining experiences all while residing in the luxurious comfort at your home base – a winemaker’s guesthouse. You’ll enjoy private cave tours and tastings with Justin Smith at Saxum and another with Stephan and Chloe Asseo at L’Aventure. A lunch at Niner, awarded one of America’s Best Winery Restaurants by Wine & Food Magazine. The highlight of the weekend… an intimate one-of-a kind private dinner at Booker Wines with Justin, Stephan, Chloe and of course, Eric himself. Jeb Dunnuck, independent wine critic, will curate the wines with his signature unabashed honesty that “cuts through the marketing spin and zeros in on what is in the glass.”
- Inclusion for six (6)
- Three nights at winemaker Eric Jensen’s guesthouse
- Cave tasting with winemaker Justin Smith at Saxum Vineyards
- Cave tasting with winemaker Stephan and/or Chloe Asseo at L’Aventure Winery
- Lunch at Niner Wine Estates
- VIP Terrace dinner at Booker Wine with Eric Jensen, Justin Smith, Stephan Asseo, and/or Chloe Asseo
LOT 6: NAPA’S LEGENDARY VINTAGES
An incredible lot of magnums, crafted by Juan Mercado of Realm Winery that includes legendary vintages from the likes of Adversity Cellars, Amici Cellars, Azur Wines, Cervantes Family Vineyard, Continuum Estate, Di Costanzo Wines, Elyse Winery, Favia Erickson Winegrowers, FRIAS Family Vineyard, Hourglass Wines, Keplinger Wine, Relic Wine Cellars, REWA Vineyards, Sinegal Estate, Staglin Family Vineyard, Vice Versa Wine…and yes, there are more.
LOT 7: FRANCOIS FRERES BURGUNDY IMMERSION
Long-established in the heart of Burgundy, and with a highly regarded international reputation for over 100 years, François Frères Cooperage combines extensive experience with high-precision technical ability in the best tradition of artisan coopers. Immerse yourself and five friends as VIP guests of the family in their luxurious guest house with pool overlooking the Burgundian countryside for three nights. Nestled in the quaint village of Saint-Romain, enjoy a cooperage tour and Burgundian wine tasting each day. And if you time it right, you will experience a one-of-a-kind lunch or dinner with Jean and Noelle François themselves and tour a few famous Domaines or Châteaus in the Côte-de-Nuit and/or Côte-de-Beaune. Rich in culture and history, Burgundy awaits. Vive la France!
- Inclusion for six (6)
- Guest House use for 3 bedrooms for 3 nights (arrival on a Monday with departure on a Thursday)
- Cooperage tour
- Burgundian winery visit/tasting one per day (T, W and TH)
- Dinner or lunch with Jean and Noelle François if they are available at the cooperage hospitality center
LOT 8: WEST SIDE SOCIAL
Hop on board your luxury chariot and raise your glass to a progressive afternoon of intimate tastings and precious time with rockstar winemakers from three distinctive wineries in the picturesque western hills of the Adelaida District in Paso Robles. You won’t just stop for tastings at each winery, you will road trip in style WITH the winemakers of Thacher, Lone Madrone and Alta Colina on board. As you savor the day, the winding oak studded back roads are expertly navigated to your final destination where an extravagant meal awaits. By the end of the day, you and your newly-found winemaker friends sit down for a wine-inspired farm to table dinner with Thomas Hill Organics at the Instagram-famous Trailer Pond at Alta Colina. Then head back on your chariot to your stay at Courtney’s House in downtown Templeton and wake to a full hot breakfast on their patio.
- Inclusion for six (6)
- Accommodations for one night at Courtney’s House in Templeton with full breakfast
- Winemakers from Alta Colina Vineyard and Winery, Lone Madrone and Thacher Winery join for a private progressive wine tasting experience at each property
- Dinner presented by Thomas Hill Organics at the Trailer Pond at Alta Colina Vineyard and Winery
- Transportation to and from Courtney’s House provided by Uncorked Wine Tours
LOT 9: CABO CURATED
An over-the-top two-night stay awaits three lucky couples for a luxury stay at all-inclusive Grand Velas Los Cabos that offers cuisine from acclaimed international chefs and locally-inspired spa therapies. Spend your day lounging or swimming at the multi-tiered infinity pools – all with a view of the Sea of Cortez, walking on golden sand beaches at water’s edge, or indulgence in one of their exclusive experiences of land and sea. Board their zodiac boat for an unforgettable snorkeling adventure, enjoy a six-course pairing dinner at Café de Artistes and another five-course culinary experience aboard a 49-foot catamaran with Chef Javier who passionately reflects his interpretation of Baja California Cuisine using ingredients from the farm, field, and sea of the region. Other area activities: golf, paddleboards, ATV tours, ziplining, even take in native flora and fauna from the back of a camel. Let the cork-popping begin!
- Inclusion for six (6)
- Grand Velas “Credit Guaranteed” to cover two-night hotel stay at Grand Velas Los Cabos (tips and taxes included)
- Snorkel Tour for 3.5 hours in two different bays, light lunch included (tips not included)
- Pairing Dinner at Café des Artistes (tips and taxes included)
- Animalon By The Sea Experience: 5-course pairing menu aboard a 49” foot catamaran with Chef Javier (tips, taxes and corkage included)
- Three bottles of Schrader Cellars
- Three bottles of Robert Mondavi 2017 Cabernet Reserve
LOT 10: ROARING FORK + ASPEN SKI
Immerse yourself into the lifestyle at Roaring Fork Club, a private club soaked in the timeless tradition of the finer things in life. Featuring distinct log cabins and suites with high-end amenities, two couples will enjoy the most luxurious getaway. Tucked in the quaint village of Basalt, Colorado, Roaring Fork is a vacation haven for outdoor sports enthusiasts. Experience world-class skiing for two days at Aspen Snowmass, which offers everything from serene to extreme with over 20 lifts and close to 100 trails. Did we mention that rentals are included? Once you kick off those ski boots, tantalizing fare welcomes you along with the winemaker/owners of Fulldraw Vineyard for an Aspen-inspired dinner at Free Range in Basalt paired with wines crafted from the Paso Robles soil. Two couples unlock this gem of a lot.
- Inclusion for four (4)
- Three nights at Roaring Fork Club in Basalt, Colorado
- Multi-course meal with Fulldraw Vineyard
- Two days of lift tickets at Aspen Snowmass
- Ski or snowboard rentals
LOT 11: BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
“To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.”
Every day, over 11 million kids leave school with no supervised place to go. Paso Robles is no different.
In 2012, more than 4,000 youth in the Paso Robles wine region were identified as not having a safe place to go afterschool. That year, must! charities launched our first community project, ensuring our local Boys & Girls Club kept their doors from closing. With financial resources, board development, leadership development and a strategized regional merger, we celebrate the achievements of our local club.
Today that single club that was serving 100 youth has expanded to 13 sites across San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara counties.
But we aren’t done yet.
We have the opportunity to raise the remaining funds needed to open doors on a brand-new $3.2M state of the art club site in Paso Robles – where 250 deserving youth will have a place to go after school and during the summer months.
A place to feel safe. A place to feel connected. A place to belong.
LOT 12: TACOS + MARGARITAS
You wanna get the after-party started? Then raise your paddle for this lot which includes a platter of assorted tacos brought to your table, along with a round of Micaela’s Margaritas.
LOT 13: ALOHA MAUI
Maui’s ultimate getaway for six. Settle into four nights at an oceanfront villa at the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort and create memories to last a lifetime. This lot includes a helicopter adventure to Hana, landing in the breathtaking Hana Rainforest. You’ll journey back to the resort with a private “Road to Hana” Excursion jeep tour. Make a splash and dive into a private Outrigger Snorkel Session to spot sea turtles and the underwater odyssey of Hawaii. With the sand between your toes, we will help you capture those memories with a private photo shoot on the beaches of Maui.
- Inclusion for six (6)
- Four night stay in a two bedroom oceanfront villa (Master = King; Bedroom 2 = 2Dbl; Media Room: Sleeper Sofa)
- 45-minute Helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters with landing in the Hana Rainforest followed by a Private Road to Hana Excursion with Maui Pacific Tours back to the resort
- Private 2-hour Outrigger Snorkel Excursion with Andaz Beach Crew during your stay
- 1-hour Photography Session with Pacific Dream Photography during your stay including all digital images and a $200 print credit
LOT 14: BROODING REDS OF YORK MOUNTAIN
One of the earliest wine regions in Paso Robles to be planted, York Mountain and its brooding reds, are tied to the history and roots of the region, just as much as the wild west is. Holding a well-storied past, the historic York Mountain Winery was established in 1882, making it one of the first bonded wineries on the Central Coast. Over the next 120 years, this Winery lived through Prohibition, a handful of name changes, various owners, many, many bottles of wine, and so much more. Today, award-winning Epoch Estate Wines welcomes you and three friends for a weekend retreat at their Vineyard Suites and a tasting experience in the beautifully preserved York Mountain Winery that now serves as Epoch’s tasting room. Epoch is not alone in its love of York Mountain and this lot includes wines from Herman Story, Desparada, and Royal Nonesuch Farm, all born from this small AVA steeped in history.
- Inclusion for four (4)
- Weekend Vineyard Suite stay at Epoch Estate Wines
- Complimentary tasting at Epoch Wine Estates
- Epoch Wine Estates 2018 Viogne, 2018 Syrah
- Royal Nonesuch Farm two (2) Magnums of 2019 Red Blend
- Herman Story Wines vertical 2016-2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Desparada three (3) 2018 Sauvignon Blanc
LOT 15: NAPA INDULGENCE
Unlock Robert Mondavi Winery’s treasured library, as you explore older vintages and rare selections from decades of winemaking excellence. Six wine-lovers dive deep into the heart of this Napa Valley icon to celebrate the harmony of wine and food with a private, multi-course meal that must be experienced to be believed. Speaking of believe, this trip includes a tasting with the legendary Thomas Rivers Brown at Rivers-Marie, lunch with another legend Tony Biagi at Hourglass and tasting with Philip Melaka at Vice Versa. We don’t want you to go home empty handed so enjoy three bottles of Schrader Wine along with bottles from To Kalon Vineyard Company and FRIAS Family Vineyard. The rest of your Napa weekend is spent glass-deep in the wine and famed stories of the region and includes a two-night hotel stay at Andaz’ boutique hotel in downtown, where you can easily walk to experience the arts, wine, and culinary culture.
LOT 16: LAND OF THE GODS: BALI ESCAPE
Situated on Bali’s east coast, the quaint fishing village of Amed has a laid-back vibe with a strong sense of community. Take seven of your friends, and spend a week exploring the countryside and coastal waters, famous for diving and snorkeling. The amount of marine life hidden in the coral and calm waters around Amed is absolutely astounding and a diving excursion is sure to blow your mind. Explore and enjoy amazing views, eat your way through seafood meccas and craft cafés, spend hours relaxing by the private pool with a Balinese massage or strolling along the shores of the volcanic black sand beach. Your stay at Villa Paradiso include lodging for seven nights, daily breakfast, a Balinese dinner, diving excursion and four full body massages. Villa Paradiso’s main house has three bedrooms with a fully contained guest house studio, both of which open to a private 40’ pool.
- Inclusion for eight (8)
- 7-night stay for 8 people (Sat to Sat)
- Airport transfers (airfare not included)
- Daily breakfast
- Four full body massages
- Balinese dinner
- Diving excursion
For questions about the auction, please reach out to Kyle at 805.286.1879 or firstname.lastname@example.org